Thursday, April 22, 2010

Social Media + About Kristina + FOOD

Hello!!! :)

My name is Kristina, you can see some of my videos here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DigliosArmy


be sure to check out the other videos, this is an ongoing project about art and social media. My friends and I are posting videos every day about our artwork and some of us are doing a blog as well (this is our blog and we will be posting something everyday)

So anyways... I should tell you more about myself,

I am a graduating senior who is taking an advanced art course in her school. My focus is primarily on nature and painting (these change as I develop new skills or get inspiration).

I love art!! It allows me to express my internal personality without having to explain it to others and confuse them :p

I also love cooking!! Mmmm, food!! But I am very healthy and eat as many raw fruits and vegetables as I can. I am a vegetarian that eats fish, but most of my intake is focused around fresh vegetables. I will try to post a new recipe or meal at every post.

I love Math!! This is going to be a long list :)... At this moment I am taking the most advanced math course in my school and am absolutely in love with it (we are learning homogeneous and first-order linear differential equations now).

I love Biology!! It's hard but so exciting, I think I want to major in it in college.

I love Music.. but anyone can relate to that!

I like writing, although I have only started to get the hang of it.

Now on to the fun stuff!!!

I came home from school today and had me some awesome Russian food: salted herring with onions!! I also ate the Milt, yummy... for those of you who don't know what that is... think of it as fish male genitalia. It's a delicacy!

Here are some pictures :D

The Milt is on the bottom, with the body in the middle and onions all around... I could even eat more but I'm not hungry.


The fish heads don't really have too much meat in them, and the brain doesn't taste like anything... but it's still not bad. It's not gross till you have tried it!! I grew up on this stuff...
This is Kombucha, or cultured tea. Again a Russian staple, but I don't feel like drinking it lately.. it is quite delicious however.
I blended equal parts frozen strawberries and kombucha. Then I added a little stevia. So good!! Tastes like cranberries!


COD LIVER... I know a lot of you might be grossed out by now, but this stuff is sensational! I fried sweet potatoes in the oil and it turned out so good. Yummy.. but it's very expensive here, I think it's cheaper in Russia.

Sooooo, I have a video of my artwork if you guys want to see it (I'm sorry for the length, I'll make it shorter next time),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sM7QCN2pMw


Leave a comment or/and subscribe, the people in this blog have diverse interests and I'm sure some of them are to your liking :)

I would be glad to discuss anything!!

I am interested in what you guys think about the kind of food I posted up, would you ever eat this? Or about my artwork, what kinds of pieces would you guys like to see me do?

Here's a picture of me for reference by the way,

No comments:

Post a Comment