Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beyond the Pages

I'm Kara, another contributor to the DigliosArmy Blog, and I as well have been doing a lot of research and brainstorming on Social Media in today's society and how we as artists are able to influence the media, and in turn, become influenced as well. Through a recent art project in our IB Art class, we were asked to use social media as an inspiration or a vessel to make some type of art. A lot of the kids posted videos of things they were doing or art projects that they have done and although I would like to be that technically gifted to spit out such greatness, realistically, it's not... well realistic. So that's why I've chosen to make this part of the blog be more of my project.

Researching social media and artists for this project made me somewhat annoyed because I would find all these great artists and websites and videos, but then I had no way to in turn physically paste them into my sketchbook. So want I really want is this blog to be the computer version of what my sketchbook would be. Look at other artists, comment on their work, post my own art, and even become a personal journal of my journey through the world as an artist. As I will be heading off to college in the coming months, this will also be a great way to daily vent any things that come to mind. I feel like sharing life experiences with you will be another creative way beyond the pages of my sketchbook to find out more about artists and what real people like you are doing in the art world.

Though this is only the first entry that I have posted, I hope to see what happens with this blog and where the art will take me, beyond the pages of the art I've known, only to discover what the world has to offer.

Hope you enjoy all that will be coming up in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment